Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunburn, Beer, And Satisfaction

What a busy weekend.

On Saturday, Kate and I participated in the "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" fundraiser. It's an organization looking to end violence against women.

I was one of the guys who didn't wear heels. Crocks were the order of the day. Flat, no real distance from the groud = uninjured Ben. (I hit my head constantly.) The track itself is a little bit more than a mile... Very easy walk if you're not wearing heels. The sun was definitely hot as it beat down upon us. I love sun. I'm still not used to the impact of not smoking on my blood sugars levels. I ended up having some kind of near fainting/disorientation because I hadn't eaten enough. I'm not used to eating regularly. Yucky.





Sunday Kate and I stayed home, and did some gardening together. We weeded and cleaned up the flower beds in the front/sides of the house. Later she went shopping at the local Hewitt's for mulch and other goodies. As she did this, I was out mowing the lawn and weed whacking. There's really nothing quite like busting your butt, then enjoying a tasty, ice-cold beer. It was nice to sit back after all the work and take a nice breather. When Kate got home, we mulched.




Then we made Dinner! It was fantastic. Cod Filets, asparagus, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and garlic - on the grill.




It was an exhausting weekend. Lots to do. Oh yeah... We got a lovely sunburn too.






No comments:

Post a Comment